Daily Note

Posted 2 months ago by Clint Cozier

Post a topic
C
Clint Cozier

Any plans to implement a daily note, this is so common now that I find it is where I tend to start.  

0 Votes

6 Comments

Sorted by
N

Neville Franks posted 2 months ago Admin

Hi Clint,

Thanks for your reply and image. Until we add Templates you could use a keyboard macro app for this.

I'm curious, clearly you are very satisfied with Reflect so where do see Clibu Notes fitting in?

0 Votes

C

Clint Cozier posted 2 months ago

Attached is my blank daily template from Reflect. What Reflect says about being a "frictionless" system is right. I can mess around with Obsidian for weeks, or really get stuff done in a tool like Reflect. Like a lot of people I know, I have a system into which most of my meeting, people and project notes go (Reflect currently), and another place where I do deep learning / research (heptabase for me). I'm still looking for a holy grail where information can move into and out of heptabase and whatever in a "frictionless" way. If we settle into a world where we have a frictionless capture and note program and another place for deep thinking / learning, then a way to move seamlessly between the two seems to be a logical development.

0 Votes

N

Could you post a screenshot of an example daily note. Blank is fine.

I'll also look at Reflect to get an idea of what it does. CN doesn't have templates, but may well do in the future.

Are you looking to move from Reflect for some reason?

0 Votes

C

In Reflect (which has a daily note as its central point of departure), I use a template so that every day i have communications, tasks and notes as my three headers into which I organize my day.

0 Votes

C

I tend to like the use of a daily note as a central hub in a connected note app. I use that as my point of departure for most connected notes.

0 Votes

N

Hi Clint,

I've been thinking of changing the Title for "New Note" to the current date. Would that meet your needs?

If not can you please provide an example of what you would like.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment